It’s pretty easy for one to get lost when choosing a smartphone to buy from Walton. The Bangladeshi brand has been selling too many Android phones to count. And they are pretty much never tired to introduce new phones to the market. That’s why the forums, Facebook groups and blogs are full of discussions about which phone to buy, especially when it comes to a low cost to mid-range Android phone.
Today we’re going to take a look at three of Walton Primo G series smartphones, namely Walton Primo GH, Walton Primo GH2, and recently announced Walton Primo GH+. We’re going to take a look at what little differences there are between the three phones and which one should you buy.
Primo GH vs GH 2 vs GH+
Processor and RAM
- Walton Primo GH: 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 512 MB RAM
- Walton Primo GH2: 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM
- Walton Primo GH+: 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM
Graphics Processing Unit
On GPU end, all Walton Primo GH, GH2 and GH+ feature Mali-400, so no change there.
Screen size and resolution
- Walton Primo GH: 5-inch with 854 x 480 pixels resolution display
- Walton Primo GH2: 4.5-inch with 854 x 480 pixels resolution display
- Walton Primo GH+: 5-inch with 854 x 480 pixels resolution display
- Walton Primo GH: BSI 5 MP autofocus on the back, BSI 2 MP on the front; LED, full HD video
- Walton Primo GH2: 5 MP autofucus on the back, 2 MP on the front; LED, full HD video recording
- Walton Primo GH+: BSI 5 MP autofocus on the back, BSI 2 MP on the front; LED, full HD video
- Walton Primo GH: 2200 mAh battery capacity.
- Walton Primo GH2: 1800 mAh battery capacity.
- Walton Primo GH+: 2200 mAh battery capacity.
- Walton Primo GH: 9,990.00 BDT.
- Walton Primo GH2: 9,290.00 BDT.
- Walton Primo GH+: 10,590 BDT.
Which one we recommend and why
Basically, Walton Primo GH is for those who want a good phone at a relatively low price. The update, GH2, features a smaller screen, smaller battery, and basic camera with no BSI sensor. It’s also priced a little low. But one thing that GH lacks over both GH2 and GH+ is the RAM. We always encourage people to buy a phone that has at least 1 GB of RAM. And we don’t encourage people to buy the original Walton Primo GH just because it has 512 RAM.
Walton Primo GH 2 has a 1 GB RAM but its screen is smaller and its cameras are basic. So if you go up about 1,200 Tk. more, you can avail Walton Primo GH+, which pretty much combines the screen size and battery of Walton Primo GH and grabs the extra RAM from GH2. At 10,590, Walton Primo GH+ is definitely a great purchase. And given the small price difference between the three phones, our recommendation without any doubt goes to Walton Primo GH+.
Which phone, of all three, do you think is the best and why? Let us know in the comments below.